I am always on the look out for new eateries in and around my vicinity. Not wanting to repeat any of the places we had visited before, made me readily accept the invitation to review the newly opened Bohemian Brew at Khar.
A little about Bohemian Brew
Bohemian Brew is an all new Tea cum Sheesha destination in Khar, which promises to serve the best variety of tea with sheesha along with a menu that has Mediterranean and Continental dishes to savour. The place looks fresh and inviting with artistic, pretty decor that will definitely get you to smile. The Co owner/Chef Rahul Desai passionately showed us around the restaurant which covered the dining area, sheesha, tea lounge and an exclusive cosy corner. I was very impressed with his tea collection and his colour coded test tubes of teas across the Tea bar. The cosy corner was more private for diners who wish to read, play board games or want to work over a cuppa tea. But the best part was outdoors, the music, the lighting and the overall vibe has to be experienced.
We were all set to savour some of the best dishes on the menu.
1. Watermelon & Feta Salad – The might of freshness was proven again, with the watermelon and feta salad standing out as the clear winner. Loved the zing of Thai chilli and infused vodka in the dish took it to another level.
2. Tea Leaf Salad – This salad was a colourful treat with a bunch fermented edible tea leaves, topped with roasted peanuts, fried garlic and tomatoes, a true mark of a good salad.
3. Zahtar Spiced Chicken – Beautifully marinated and grilled chunks of chicken served with a delectable lemon corriander dip. Tempting enough to be wiped off completely.
4. Falafel with Hummus – So smooth and refreshing, this hummus is one of the best I have had till date. Take a bow, Chef Rahul Desai.
5. Chicken Meatballs in Gouda Cheese Sauce – Tender moist Chicken meatballs were engulfed with a sauce made with buttery Gouda cheese along with fresh baked baguette.
6. Wild Mushroom Risotto with Truffle Oil – Perfectly creamy Risotto was topped with mushrooms, garnished with chive sticks and truffle oil. Not my favourite dish of the day nonetheless very enjoyable.
7. Tagine Chicken – Got the taste of Morocco on a pretty, ethnic designed plate while digging into Tagine Chicken. It was a magical dish with apricots and topped with preserved lemon. This dish had complexity of flavours, sweet and spicy with the sourness from the lemon.
8. Herbal Hibuscus Infusion – The grand finale to our dining experience at the Bohemian Brew was the outstanding, stunning Herbal Hibuscus Infusion. The taste of rich red cup of aromatic flavours left us refreshed and invigorated.
Will I visit Bohemian Brew again?? Oh yes!! Definitely with my friends. Its worth a visit to chase away your blues. 🙂
Open daily, from 9am to 1am.
5th Road, off S. V. Road,
Next to Noble Chemist,
Khar. Tel: 96999 58582.