An Easy way for Making Modaks
The Ganesh Chaturthi festival is one festival I have grown up and eagerly await every year. I am very excited to welcome this Elephant God as it involves a lot of food and sweet yummy goodies. I can never refuse a modak offered during prasad or mealtime, moreover the Ukadiche modak ( steamed modak) with coconut filling. Modaks are traditionally made in every household that welcomes Lord Ganesha. The Modak Making process is first done from rice flour and it is steamed which is called Ukadiche Modak. However, it is a little hard to make for starters. You need a lot of practice to make the perfect shape and consistency.
This year-round I tried a very easy recipe which was fun to prepare with kids. I made this modak for a whole class of 33 kids plus teachers hence the quantity is large. You can cut down on quantity if required.
Modak Making In School
4 big packets of Marie Biscuits
I bottle of Hershey’s chocolate syrup
1. Powder the biscuits in a mixer. However, we made kids pound them up with a motor and pestle. This was super fun 🙂
2. Add the chocolate syrup kneed like a dough.
3. Mix together and it will come together like a sticky dough.
4. Shape like round laddoo and then pinch on the top to make a modak.
1. The more chocolate you add the yummier it will get.
2. Nuts like Cashew-nuts or almonds can be added to enhance the flavour.
3. Sing along and get kids to have fun while they are making Modaks.
🙂 🙂 🙂
This mouth-watering delicacy is an inseparable part of Ganesh Chaturthi celebrations, so make modaks and enjoy. I had fun making Modaks, I am sure you will too. 🙂
People Also Read – Corn and Spinach Bake Recipe