No Bake Mango Cheesecake
This dish reminds me of more and more of my love for mangoes. I love the less sweet version of any mango dessert. I still smile at the memories of enjoying mongo ice cream with my sister when we were young. However, my regular experimenting with ingredients in the kitchen made me try out the No bake Mango Cheesecake. It contains less sugar and is very easy to stir up. here goes my simple and easy recipe for a no-fuss, yummy, lip-smacking No-Bake Mango cheesecake. To maximize the flavour I have used Alphonso mangoes but you can use ready Mango puree too.
1. Cream cheese -one block ( I used 500 gms hung curd)
2.Whipped cream 250 gms
3.Mango puree 1 1/2 cup
4. Sugar I cup or Splenda according to taste
5. Gelatine 1 tbsp
6. Hot water
7 Digestive biscuits I packet
8. Butter 100 gms
1. In the first step, you need to powder the biscuits with your hand or in a blender.
2. Now add melted butter in the mixer till you get a coarse powder. Ensure that the butter and biscuits are mixed well together.
3. Now press this down at the bottom of your glass dish or cake tin ( lined with aluminum foil) or individual dessert glasses.
4. This needs to be refrigerated until you prepare the cheesecake mixture.
5. Whip the cream till light and fluffy and hung curd and whip again, set aside till you prepare the gelatine mixture
6. Add the gelatine to hot water with the sugar or Splenda till completely dissolved. Add this to the mango puree and completely mix the two by hand.
7. Now gently combine the cream cheese mixture with the mango mixture with the cut and fold technique getting air inside. Put aside a little mango mixture before mixing for a two-layer variation.
8. Pour on top of the biscuit base, return to the fridge for 10-30 minutes. If you want to layer it. Add the set Sise mango to the remaining mixture, the colour will be brighter and put a second layer on the cheesecake.
9. If you don’t want to do this like me. Just pour it all and set in individual glasses and decorate with piped mango puree or cut mango slices.
10. Set aside for 8 – 10 hours in the fridge and then relish this delightful cold dessert.
To be honest, the taste was just right not too sweet, not to sour. I am sure you will enjoy the creamy texture that will be so smooth to taste. I got the mango taste I wanted but didn’t get the authentic taste of a baked cheesecake. But none the less this recipe is worth trying. This Summer gets refreshed and stir up the perfect No-bake Mango Cheesecake.