Every year, people from all over the world flock to China, to visit one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, In fact, the most Iconic wonder. To Visit Great Wall Of China. This Gigantic Wall dates back to 220–206 BC. It was built by Qin Shi Huang, the first Emperor of China. Very little of that original wall remains. Since then, the Great Wall is being reconstructed, maintained, and restored; the majority of the existing wall is from the Ming Dynasty.
The Great Wall of China is noted as a UNESCO Heritage Site in 1987, it is visited by over 10 million people on a yearly basis. This Gigantic expanse of a wall has impressed people not only with its architecture but also its rich historical stories.
If you want to make a visit, here are a few tips every traveler should learn before visiting
The basic Visa procedure to be followed is that your passport should be valid for at least 6 months from the day of arrival in China, with a minimum of two blank pages. You should have confirmed return air tickets.
Tourists should fill in the application form accurately and appropriately with one recent passport size photograph.
You can apply through a travel agency because applications by courier or through the mail will not be accepted.
Flight To Beijing
Over 1,350 direct and hopping flights operate to Beijing from Mumbai/ Delhi every week. Flights operate to the Beijing Capital International Airport of Beijing. Kolkata, Guwahati, Chennai, and Bangalore are some Indian cities which have hopping flights to Beijing. Some of the international airlines that connect to China are Singapore Airlines, Air India, Jet Airways, Emirates, Etihad Airways, Malaysia Airlines, Thai Airways International and Air China.
Best Time to Visit Great Wall Of China
The best time to visit Beijing is during autumn. Summers in Chins get extremely hot, hence not suited for outdoor sightseeing. During the months of September and October, the weather is perfect and the nights get very pleasant.
Tips to enjoy the best of the Great Wall of China
1. Get up early to leave your hotel at sunrise, it usually takes about 1.5 hours to reach Badaling or Mutianyu from downtown Beijing. You should get to the Wall by 9 am before it gets crowded.
2. Some parts of the wall are really steep, they are near vertical. You should avoid such areas unless you are willing to hike.
3. Mutianyu is a good alternative for Badaling. This is the prime time to get a serene feel for the site. Mutianyu attracts visitors because it has convenient facilities including cable car, chairlift, and toboggan. With the easier walking conditions and fewer crowds, Mutianyu is much more enjoyable to walk in than Badaling.
4. The view from the top of the Wall is pretty incredible. Don’t forget to take loads of selfies and photos. Preserve the natural beauty of the Wall. Don’t leave any trash behind, and don’t take any bricks or stones from the Wall!
5. The Wall is over 2000 years old, so naturally, it’s falling apart in some places. Be careful with your footing and avoid edges as these areas become unstable first. Pay attention to where you’re walking and don’t run since loose rocks and bricks can cause you to trip and fall.
6.Visit while you are still young, travel while your feet can climb. You will definitely feel the adrenal rush and tick one travel destination off your bucket list.
This post Visit Great Wall of China is written for Letter G #BlogchatterA2Z and #AtoZChallenge for April 2019. Here is my post for letter F – Fantastic Finland