Vietnam Country Travel Guide
When I was researching Vietnam Country as a proposed travel destination of my next holiday, I was very impressed with what that country had to offer the Indian traveler. Easy visa on arrival, connecting flights from major cities in India, golden sand beaches, intriguing mountain terrien and touristy destinations too.
So if this excites you too, read on to gather up more information and things to do in Vietnam.
More About Vietnam
1. Capital – Hanoi, a city located on the banks of the Red River, is the capital of Vietnam. Hanoi is famous for its history and culture. It’s both modern and traditional.
2. Currency – The official currency in Vietnam is the Vietnamese Dong. Approximately 1 INR = 314.65272 Vietnamese Dong
3. Religion – The three main religions in Vietnam are Buddhism, Taoism, and Confucianism.
4. Vietnamese flag – The Vietnamese flag is bold with just two colors. The flag features a red background which is designed to symbolize the national uprising of the Vietnam people. In the center you can see a gold five-pointed star that symbolizes the main classes of society in the nation.
Getting to Vietnam Country
Vietnam can be conveniently reached from India via its two international airports Tan Son Nhat Airport at Ho Chi Minh City and Noi Bai International Airport at Hanoi. There are several flight companies that offer direct services from various India cities such as Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Aurangabad, Goa and Ahmadabad etc. Flight services that ply on regular basis include Air India, Malaysia Airlines, VietJet Air, Thai Airways, Malindo Airways, Singapore Airlines, Jet Airways, and China Southern etc.
Visa on Arrival
Vietnam country travel agency will help Indian passport holders to get Vietnam Visa On Arrival letter at Vietnam immigration department, then print it out, bring it together with original passports, 45USD cash, 02 photos (4x6cm) and submit them at Vietnam international airport counter to get visa stamp.
Interesting facts of Vietnam
1. People of Vietnam country engage in a hobby called Lizard fishing. Yes, its true.
2. Totally novelle is this art form of Water puppetry that dates back as far as the 11th century.
3. You will find the worlds largest cave here in Vietnam- Son Doong.
4. This dish Tiet Canh that is a traditional Vietnamese dish is made from fresh animal blood.
5. Wine is made from snakes by steeping whole snakes in rice wine for their venom or essence. It is drunk on special occasions for healthy long life.
6. The Bin Chau Hotsprings are so hot that eggs can be boiled if placed in the hot spring.
7. Vietnam country is proud to be the biggest producers of cashew nuts in the world.
8. This country has an exceptional literacy level of 94%.
9. The Ha Long Bay is considered to be so breathtakingly scenic that it was included as one of the New 7 Wonders of Nature, as well as a UNESCO World Heritage site.
10. Bargaining is a norm here, so don’t forget to negotiate to get a price that seems fair to you.
Shopping in Vietnam
Handicrafts, handmade textiles and souvenirs are quite abundantly available as well. From night markers, street shopping to typical shopping mall experience, Vietnam offers you a blend of this. there a surprisingly large variety of local things to buy in Vietnam.
You can either opt for products that are traditionally and authentically Vietnamese, or pick out some every day things at cheap. Vietnam is every shopaholic’s dream. So pack light when travelling to the country, as you are going to want to buy all the Vietnam has to offer!
Must check out the three must-see waterfalls in Dalat, Vietnam.
Vietnam is Perfect for Indian Traveler. In my second post we will discover more about one of Southeast Asia’s most beautiful country that is still unexplored to a certain extent. Its picturesque touristy spots and places of interest that is attracting travelers to visit Vietnam from world over. Some great things to do in Vietnam can be explored here.
Disclaimer- All photos are taken from the internet.