What do you mean by an Eco-friendly Visarjan? Every year around August and September, the country gears up for the ten-day festivities of Ganesh Chaturthi. As Indian citizens, we should be aware of the repercussions while enjoying festivals like Ganesh Chaturthi. This involves lots of decorations, food, flowers, devotional music, etc. In order to protect the city’s water bodies from getting polluted during the immersion of the idols. Surely it a matter of concern over the years. That’s why Vodafone Eco-Ponds the great initiative will help to reduce pollution.
Vodafone India’s Vodafone Eco-Ponds Noble Initiative
Telecom service provider Vodafone India unveiled its initiative ‘Vodafone Eco-Ponds’ on the occasion of the 125th anniversary of Ganeshotsav celebrations in the city of Pune.
5 Reasons why you should use a Vodafone Eco-ponds in Pune this Ganeshotsav
1. Vodafone has set up Vodafone Eco-Ponds. Here a temporary water tank setup equipped with a promoter and a lifeguard at 8 Vodafone stores across the city. This will help citizens across the city celebrate and immerse Ganesh idols in an environment-friendly manner.
2. An IOT device is fitted in the tank that helps track the water level in it once the Ganapati idol is immersed. The concerned family/Housing society/Organizing Committee gets an SMS alert. Vodafone has given the celebrations a technological bent by using the internet of things (IoT) technology to gauge the depth of eco-ponds in the various parts of the city and receiving information about the immersed idol.
3. Supported by Pune Municipal Corporation and National Chemical Laboratory. Punekars can visit any of the stores with their Ganesha idols. Where they will be assisted to carry out the visarjan. Vodafone stores located at JM Road, Hirabaug, Wakdewadi, Aundh, Karve Road, NIBM Road, Kalyaninagar, and Kharadi will be equipped with Vodafone Eco-Ponds.
4. Vodafone has also set up a Mobile Visarjan Van. Mobile vans are visiting select large housing societies, old age homes, where it would provide Visarjan facility exclusively to the residents of the society
5. Devotees can just dial 7391000000 to locate all the Vodafone Eco-Ponds.
Teaching future generations to be more eco-friendly and concerned about the environment while celebrating festivals with full gusto. The key idea for this initiative is to dissolve the Ganpati idols in the pond such that people do not immerse it in the river bed, which eventually pollutes the river bed and disturb the marine life equilibrium.
So Make the Change and Use Vodafone Eco-Ponds
Making smaller tanks lined with plastic is a good option. This can be placed below the water to cover the ground of the artificial lake before immersion. Later idols around the city can be collected on Visarjan day and immersed with rituals.
Many YouTubes video makes us understand “why we should use Vodafone Eco-Ponds?”. So in changing times, we should change too by joining in this nonpolluting bandwagon, and go Eco-friendly. It’s important to follow traditions, but if we can devise a way to save our environment. This can be alongside celebrating our festivals, isn’t it? Let us all adopt and take the help of Vodafone and this fabulous initiative of their