Bajra ka ladoo a winter season recipe
Today I will share a Bajra ka ladoo a winter season recipe which is a very easy and quick one to make. It is not a sweet one but a savory one that can be enjoyed with curd, baingan bharta or lasun chutney. Millet or Bajra, as known in Hindi, is a good source of iron, calcium, and fiber. Consuming millets during winter proves really beneficial. Millet roti tends to get dry in winter, so I have twisted this to make ladoos with these nutritious millets.
Lasan(Garlic) & Bajra( Millet) Ladoo Winter Special
Healthy eating can also be somewhat of a luxury in the wintertime. This is a very old recipe from Gujarat. Bajra ka ladoo a very rustic and simple dish that is specially made during winters, because all ingredients that are ‘hot’ for the body. The main two ingredients are green garlic which is fresh tasting, much milder than mature garlic.
2- 3 tablespoons of ghee.
3-4 chappatis – made from 3 cups of millet flour and water.
1 cup finely chopped green garlic/ Salt to taste.
Method for Bajra ka ladoo
1. Break the chappatis into small pieces. Add them to a jar and grind into fine crumbs in a mixer to make a fine powder.
2. Heat the ghee in a large pan over a slow flame, fry the garlic for a few seconds only. Keep stirring to avoid overcooking it.
3. Add the ground mixture of bajra and mix with the ghee and lasan over the slow flame and saute for two minutes.
4. Add half cup water and cook till it looks like dough. Add salt to taste at this stage.
5. Remove from heat, let the mixture cool thoroughly.
6. Now use your palms and shape them into medium size balls.
6. Serve hot with curd, raita or aubergine bhurta.
I think this can be easily stored in an airtight container for few days. Just need to heat on eating. An easy recipe for winters, rich in iron content. If you have any other recipe with bajra atta do share your links in the comments below. 100% you will love making and relishing this dish.
Sharing with you the link to my Sweet vermicelli ( Sagan ni Sev ) dish cooked on special occasions. Sagan Ni Sev
Need to be thankful for this initiative by Livogen to spread the awareness, about the importance of iron in the diet and crowd-sourced iron-rich recipes. Simple lifestyle and dietary changes can help one go a long way in fighting Iron Deficiency.
This is my #livogenironchef entry for the Iron Chef contest on IndiBlogger.
Happy Cooking. 🙂