Ganapati Bappa Morya!!!
and the kids reply, MORYA RE !!!”
Easy way for Making Modaks
The Ganesh Chaturthi festival is one festival I have grown up and eagerly await every year. I am very excited to welcome this Elephant God as it involves alot of food and sweet yummy goodies. I can never refuse a modak offered during prasad or meal time, moreover the Ukadiche modak ( steamed modak) with coconut filling.
This year round I tried a very easy recipe which was fun to prepare with kids. I made this modak for a whole class of 33 kids plus teachers hence the quantity is large. You can cut down on quantity if required.
Making CHOCOLATE MODAKS
4 big packets of Marie Biscuits
I bottle of Hershey’s chocolate syrup
1. Powder the biscuits in a mixer. However we made kids pound them up with a motor and pestle. This was super fun 🙂
2. Add the chocolate syrup kneed like a dough.
3. Mix together and it will come together like a sticky dough.
4. Shape like round laddoo and then pinch on the top to make a modak.
1. The more chocolate you add the yummier it will get.
2. Nuts like Cashew-nuts or almonds can be added to enhance the flavour.
3. Sing along and get kids to have fun while they are making Modaks.
🙂 🙂 🙂
This mouth-watering delicacy is an inseparable part of Ganesh Chaturthi celebrations, so make modaks and enjoy. I had fun making Modaks, I am sure you will too. 🙂